Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Self Reflection

Throughout my time in this course I found myself confused because I wasn’t sure exactly why we had to sit through these presentations. I also didn’t understand why we had to fill out forms that required us to pull out references to Africa and other places when some of the material had nothing to do with specific places. I often wondered why we were unable to take the forms home if we were required to blog about the presentation I took notes on. At the end of the course I realized the purpose of the presentations were to assist us in our research projects. I did learn a lot that I had not known prior to attending the class; history about Howard University, how Africans were really the creators of the things most people attribute to Europeans, and our role as human beings. I learned how to do a well put together research power point and to work effectively with a group. I do however feel like it is a lot of work for it to only be worth 1 credit. As freshman we want to start off strong and we have 3 credit classes that are very challenging so to have us doing blogs every week and a large research project is just added stress on top of everything else we have to do for, once again, just 1 credit. I personally feel like we deserve 3 credits for all of the work that had to be done I this class.
Erin White

No comments:

Post a Comment