Thursday, October 14, 2010

Research and Methodology: Inscription as a Liberating Practice - Week #6

Research and Methodology: Inscription as a Liberating Practice
Week #6

This week’s discussion helped me the most because it was directed primarily on the research aspect of this course and it showed me the steps of proper research. I have done research papers before but I didn’t have all of these tools and procedures so I know the substance of the papers could have been improved. Dr. Williams broke down our research projects into 6 main components. They are: statement of the problem/challenge, current state of research, methodology, framework, development of thesis and conclusion. Even though these components are very basic if Dr. Williams didn’t mention all 6 along with their sub components, my group (Freshmen Seminar 5) would have left it something out and that could of leading to our topic not being as great as it should be so thank you Dr. Williams. With any presentation isn’t necessary to plan out what will be addressed to the audience and how it will be presented. Methodology is the most important component in my opinion because before you research your topic you have to know how your group is going to divide the work. After that you need to know how the information will be collected and displayed. Knowing your thesis is important also but if you don’t know how to collect the data to prove your thesis correct then it’s no pint in having a thesis I the first place. The other 4 components are important so I will be sure to include them all in my group’s presentation.

Jasmine Westbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment